Two new Managing Associates appointed in round of internal promotions
Leading intellectual property law firm Mathys & Squire has announced a series of Partner promotions and two new Managing Associates. The promotions form part of the firm’s growth strategy and reflect the firm’s commitment to professional development and career progression.
Alan MacDougall, HR Partner at Mathys & Squire says: “We are delighted to announce these promotions following a very strong year for Mathys & Squire. Our new Equity Partners, Partners and Managing Associates have all played a crucial part in Mathys & Squire’s recent growth and successes.
“They have the proven knowledge and experience to deliver for our clients and help continue the growth of the firm.”
In recognition of their contribution, the following Partners have been promoted within the equity partnership:
- Dani Kramer (London) – Dani manages the international patent portfolios of large corporates, focusing on fields such as software, AI and machine learning, as well as electrical and electronic engineering.
- Catherine Booth (Manchester) – Catherine works across the technical fields of healthcare, engineering, and telecoms. Her practice includes the creation and management of IP portfolios, litigation and other disputes.
- James Wilding (London) – James’ practice includes European Patent Office prosecution and opposition work in the life sciences sector. He has particular expertise in immunology, vaccines and gene editing.
- Andreas Wietzke (Munich) – Andreas has significant experience in obtaining, defending and enforcing national and international patents, with technical expertise spanning the fields of software, telecoms, medical devices and mechanical engineering.
The firm is also pleased to announce two Partners have been promoted to Equity Partners:
- Andrew White (London) – Andrew manages international portfolios in the medtech, software, telecoms and automotive fields. He is an expert in deep tech inventions in fields such as AI and blockchain, as well as technologies related to consumer healthcare.
- David Hobson (London) – David has a background in biochemistry and advises clients within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and food & beverage sectors. He has extensive experience in patent drafting and multi-jurisdictional prosecutions.
Annabel Hector and Alexander Robinson have been promoted and are now Partners. Annabel has experience in litigation with her technical expertise spanning the fields of mechanical and structural engineering. Alexander’s experience includes the defence of commercially significant patents against multi-party oppositions. His technical expertise lies in chemical sciences and pharmaceuticals. Both Annabel and Alexander are London-based.
Edward Cavanna and Thomas Fraser are newly promoted Managing Associates in Mathys & Squire’s London office. Edward is experienced in drafting and prosecuting UK and European patent applications, especially in the fields of software, materials and green energy. Tom’s technical expertise lies in IT and electronics, including AI and machine learning. His practice includes drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the UK, Europe and US.
Alan MacDougall says: “We are passionate about providing our employees opportunities to maximise their potential and are delighted to offer them a promotion and the recognition they deserve. Mathys & Squire is proud to have them on our team and is looking forward to continuing to grow our practice together.”
About Mathys & Squire
Founded in 1910, Mathys & Squire is one of the leading full-service intellectual property law firms in Europe, with over 110 years of experience in the protection and commercialisation of IP rights.
The firm has more than 60 qualified attorneys and offices in London, Paris, Munich, Luxembourg, Cambridge, Oxford, Manchester, Birmingham, Brighton and York as well as teams based in China, Japan and Belfast.
Mathys & Squire is highly ranked in leading legal and IP directories, including The Legal 500, Chambers UK, IAM Patent 1000 and WTR1000.