October 25, 2023
- New United States patent grants offer protection for deuterated analogs of DMT including composition of matter, medical use, and synthesis
- Intellectual Property portfolio provides robust protection for the most extensive deuterated DMT portfolio in the sector
- Cybin’s Intellectual Property portfolio now consists of 32 granted patents and over 170 pending applications.
TORONTO–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Cybin Inc. (NYSE American:CYBN) (NEO:CYBN) (“Cybin” or the “Company”), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to revolutionizing mental healthcare by developing new and innovative psychedelic-based treatment options, today announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office has issued two patent grants that offer protection for its deuterated N, N-dimethyltryptamine (“DMT”) program.
The granted patents protecting the Company’s deuterated DMT program are:
- United States patent no. 11,771,681, which provides composition of matter protection for certain deuterated analogs of DMT; and
- United States patent no. 11,773,062, which provides protection for medical use and the novel, efficient, and scalable synthesis of certain analogs of DMT.
Cybin’s proprietary novel deuterated DMT compounds, CYB004 and SPL028, are each currently in Phase I clinical trials. CYB004 and SPL028 target an extended DMT psychedelic experience while retaining a short-duration drug profile that could provide optimized dose formulations for different administration routes and distinct therapeutic benefits for patients. Preliminary findings from the studies demonstrate that IV CYB004 and SPL028 elicit a psychedelic experience of less than one hour and are well-tolerated. Topline data readouts from both studies are expected in Q4 2023.
“Following Cybin’s recent acquisition of Small Pharma Inc., our development programs are protected by 32 granted patents and over 170 pending applications, establishing our leadership position in developing novel tryptamine-based therapeutics in a key market. This multi-layered and robust IP protection includes composition of matter, medical use, synthesis, and drug product protection, providing us with the latitude to advance our deuterated programs with confidence,” said Doug Drysdale, Cybin’s Chief Executive Officer.
You may also like…
Recent UPC decisions have prevented public seeing court evidence Test case “important for open justice” “The way the...
The Intellectual Property Office (IPO) wants to hear from businesses by 2 February 2024 about intellectual property...
International law firm CMS, in collaboration with patent AI specialist IPDefine Ltd., have developed a cutting-edge...