DR. HELEN G. PAPACONSTANTINOU AND PARTNERS
2, Coumbari Street, Athens, Greece, 106 74.,
Phone: 0030 210 3626624
Dr Helen G Papaconstantinou and Partners Law Firm (HP&P), celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2020, is one of the oldest and largest IP law firms in Greece and broadly recognised as the leading boutique in the country.
The firm’s partners are Eva Yazitzoglou (managing partner), Miranda Theodoridou, Maria Athanassiadou and Fotini Kardiopoulis.
HP&P is registered with the Athens Bar Association and is a member of the Greek Association of Law Firms.
HP&P enjoys international reputation for high quality expert services by providing sophisticated legal and business solutions and aptly combine the firm’s international orientation with an in-depth knowledge of the Greek business and legal environment. Its 11 fully qualified lawyers and 22 paralegals and support staff, based on their extensive experience and expertise in IP, are committed to problem solving and achieving results, providing legal and administrative services of excellent quality. In addition to striving for professional excellence everyone at HP&P has a strong commitment to professional integrity and business ethics. All HP&P attorneys are members of the Athens Bar Association and most of them are admitted to practise before the Supreme Court and the Council of State. Two of them are European patent attorneys. They are all active members of various international associations, including the European Patent Institute, the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys, the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys, the Chartered Institute of Trademark Attorneys, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, the International Trademark Association, the European Communities Trademark Association, the Pharmaceutical Trademarks Group, MARQUES, the International Community of Breeders of Asexually Reproduced Ornamental and Fruit Varieties as well as the UK Society of Legal Scholars, and are regular contributors to important and internationally recognised IP resources such as the World Trademark Review, IAM, Wolters Kluwer Manual IP, Katzarov’s Manual on Industrial Property and several INTA resources.
HP&P is proud of its IP specialist teams, which not only have high levels of experience and expertise, but can also efficiently adapt to the new demands arising in all IP sectors.
The firm closely collaborates with 40 highly experienced technical counsellors in all scientific fields (eg, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, biology and electrical, electronic, chemical and mechanical engineering). They are all competent translators and also regularly provide consulting services of the highest quality.
Throughout the firm’s many years of activity, longstanding invaluable collaborations with hundreds of highly reputable firms around the world have been established, enabling HP&P to represent some of the most important companies worldwide.
The firm’s client base covers a broad spectrum of businesses in all industries and sectors. HP&P clients range from large international companies and market leaders to small local businesses, represented either directly by HP&P or indirectly through trademark and patent agents and practices all over the world.
HP&P serves its foreign clients in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
The firm’s services cover the following:
– National, EU and international trademarks;
– National, European and Patent Cooperation Treaty patents;
– European patent validations;
– Utility models;
– Supplementary protection certificates;
– Plant variety rights;
– National, Community and international designs;
– Geographical indications and designations of origin;
– Copyright and protection of artistic works;
– Exploitation of IP rights;
– Licensing and franchising;
– Due diligence searches and related consultancy and monitoring;
– Litigation involving all aspects of IP law;
– IP consultancy;
– Anti-piracy, anti-counterfeiting, customs monitoring and border measures;
– Trade secrets;
– Domain names;
– Alternative dispute resolution and mediation;
– Internet law, electronic forms of payment, online contracts and services; and
– Competition, advertising and consumer protection law.
HP&P is consistently ranked among the top IP law firms in Greece by international legal directories and associations. Indicatively, the most recent recognition include:
- Corporate INTL – IP Litigation Law Firm of the Year in Greece, 2016 to 2020;
- GLOBAL LAW EXPERTS ANNUAL AWARD WINNER – IP Litigation Law Firm of the Year in Greece, 2020
- GLOBAL LAW EXPERTS ANNUAL AWARD WINNER – IP Law Firm of the Year in Greece, 2020
- WTR 1000 – Recommended Firm (Gold), 2016 to 2020
- WTR 1000 – Recommended Individuals: Miranda Theodoridou and Fotini Kardiopoulis, 2020;
- Greek Law Digest– Contributing Author – Nomiki Bibliothiki, 2019;
- IAM Patent 1000– Recommended Firm (Gold), 2016 to 2019;
- IP Stars– Tier 1 Firm, Patents and Trademarks, 2016 to 2019;
- Legal 500– top-tier rankings in intellectual property, 2016 to 2019;
- The Trademark Lawyer– Recommended Firm, 2018-2019;
- The Patent Lawyer– Recommended Firm, 2018-2019;
- Corporate USA Today– Law Awards: Law Firm of the Year – IP Litigation – Greece, 2018; and
- World IP Review Leaders, 2018.
HP&P has also been certified by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO 9001:2015).
2 Coumbari Str. Athens
106 74 Greece